At HATCI we want to exceed, not just meet, consumer demands. That’s why our engineers investigate and evaluate competitors’ models as well as assess and refine Hyundai and KIA prototypes in our state-of-the-art facilities, including the California Proving Grounds.
The rigorous testing provided by the Durability Department assures durability, reliability and quality for every facet of every vehicle HATCI touches.
“Is it ready for the market?” is the question this driven team asks every day in order to:
- Develop and execute quality test programs that maximize and accelerate exposure to all North American climatic conditions
- Provide our engineers with complete, reliable and timely information
From the cooling of the engine to the comfort of passengers, the HVAC team is redefining performance standards by:
- Benchmarking of new vehicles both subjectively and objectively to understand the current status and future trends of our competitors
- Guiding the development of understanding of comfort and FATC logic requirements relative to North American customer expectations
Total Vehicle Department
Dynamic performance is what our consumers expect and what we provide. Through exhaustive testing conducted under a variety of road and environmental conditions, Vehicle team members evaluate the vehicle performance in real-world conditions. These engineers:
- Evaluate and refine the ride, handling, brakes, noise and driveability of Hyundai and KIA prototype and production vehicles.
Electronic Systems Development Group
Multimedia, Telematics, and ADAS production validation and in market tuning duties include:
- Multimedia Development: On-board navigation, Bluetooth, Voice Recognition, Media/Apps, Reception & EQ sound
- Telematics Development: E2E validation for features, Smartphone apps, Web and Network for Hyundai BlueLink and Kia e-services
- ADAS Development: Multi-function camera and radar performance validation, rear camera and event data recorder certification