Our stellar team of Powertrain professionals is redefining luxury and style from the inside out. Approaching powertrain development as both a science and an art, they seamlessly integrate engine and transmission systems to create the driving experience that defines Hyundai and KIA vehicles. Key areas of development focus on enhancing vehicle performance and fuel economy to meet our customers’ needs and desires.
HATCI’s Engine Calibration professionals are creating the engines that will beat as the heart of tomorrow’s next-generation vehicles. Our team fine tunes our engines to ensure Hyundai-Kia powertrains reflect a combination of dynamic performance and environmental responsibility. As some of the most high-tech and fuel-efficient engines on the market, these components take considerable collaboration.
Engine Development calibration considerations include:
- Fuel Economy and Emissions Development: Maintaining and enhancing our focus on delivering environmentally thoughtful products.
- Performance Tuning and Vehicle Brand Development: Developing products that meet our customers’ wants and desires for responsive and assured driving experiences.
- Quality and Value Enhancement: Enhancing our core product strength–providing the industries’ best quality and greatest value products.
Transmissions and Performance Tuning
Developing high performing automobiles for the future includes conceptualizing innovative, exceptional automatic transmissions. To exceed our sophisticated consumers’ demands, the Transmissions team collaborates on the following:
- Transmission Development focusing on new fuel efficient technologies.
- Exceeding the customers’ desire for smooth, responsive vehicle operation through Performance Tuning and Shift Quality development
- Transmission comparison
- Developing advanced technologies for electronic controls featuring calibrate shift scheduling, torque converter clutch scheduling, shift quality, adaptive controls and engine/transmission interaction.
Fuel Economy Department
HATCI’s Fuel Economy Development team works to create innovative powertrain and vehicle solutions in order for Hyundai Motor Group to become an industry leader in fuel efficiency. They work to understand advanced technologies and ensure seamless technology integration in a total vehicle system environment. The Fuel Economy team’s strive to:
- Evaluate and improve fuel economy of current Hyundai/Kia production vehicles
- Develop and implement long-term fuel economy improvement strategies
- Provide solutions for next generation fuel economy technologies to Hyundai Motor Group
- Utilize powertrain/vehicle modeling and simulation capabilities to find optimal path for tomorrow’s vehicle technology solutions
- Perform technology benchmarking at component as well as vehicle levels